söndag 12 februari 2012

Let's spread the Doom - Church Of Misery!

The sun is shining and I'm beginning this day with some doom määätelll from Tokyo, Japan!
I'm talking about Church Of Misery with their debut "Master Of Brutality" which of course reeks of Black Sabbath worship. Just look on the cover! I find this absolutely gorgeous since Black Sabbath will always be my favorite band of all time.
Also - all of their songs are about murderers like John Wayne Gacy and sometimes there are interesting sound clips that is related to that person.
And the whole album is so freakin' good! Such a treat for the ears if one loves doom/stoner. I love it from the start and this is gonna spin so many times cause it puts me in a good mood.
Eargasm!
This is a re-issue by Rise Above Records, a finelooking 2-LP with a plum/purple colour. You know, I've got a soft spot for coloured vinyl - delicious! I just wanna eat 'em. Ehum, well maybe just play them will do!
The crazy doomsters from Japan have done a brilliant cover of Blue Öyster Cult's "Cities On Flame (with rock'n'roll)" included on this album. As I like that old band as well, I am very pleased with the result.

I just feel like going to the Inferno Festival in Norway more than ever,
there are many nice bands this year - and of course Church Of Misery! Dammit!
Give me tickets!

Listen, do or die:

1 kommentar: